Tuesday, October 7, 2008

cars and buses

Yesterday I drove the car. I saw no way around it; the boy had a scouts meeting at 6:00. I picked him up at 5:45, and whisked him straight to the meeting. Whilst he met, I ran in North Asheville. After that, we went straight home.

Today's another story. After putting the boy on the school bus at 7:30ish, I walked home, got my act together, and made it to the bus stop at 8:10. The bus was late! I wish I could have known! In my haste to leave, I may have left some unfinished bidness in the house. Today was my first day to flash my County ID. I stepped up onto the bus and showed the ID. The Asheville Transit bus driver knew exactly what was up. He waved me onto the bus without even a pause.

Sherry is catching a ride home.

I'm happy about this: I will get my sports fix tonight. Then I will either bum a ride or run back to the west side.

Weather has been so nice lately. I wonder if our busriding habits will fall off during the winter. I hope not, but I expect that the prospect of standing outside in 20/30/40 F weather sounds a lot more pleasant than it is.

I heard about this nonprofit on NPR today. See what you think.

1 comment:

Paul -V- said...

Hi. My name is Paul, and I work for ATS. Would you please contact me via email? I have a question for you.

pvanheden -a - t - ashevillenc - dot - gov