Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thanks, Buncombe County!

Good news for Buncombe County employees! Starting next week we can ride the bus for free. I'm like a kid at Christmas, even though I just spent $15 for an October bus pass. I'll consider that $15 a donation for a good cause.


So if any Buncombe County employee on a bus route reads this blog, I challenge you to try riding the bus a few times and see what you think. Have a positive attitude and give it a chance! Also, if you're not a Buncombe County employee, why not start asking your employer if he/she will provide you with a bus pass! A nice, relatively inexpensive perk that is socially responsible!

I am leaving carbon footprints all over the place today, as I am driving for the first time in awhile. I am off work and am going to visit my Mom in Franklin. I hope I can find gas. I tried at Sams, which had regular, but when I got to the pump, I found out my membership is out of date and I don't really want to renew. I'll get back on the bus tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Sherry,
I'm enjoying your blog. It's a great idea.
Thanks! from Ashland
Cathy

Lynn said...

I wish I had the kind of job I could ride a bus to. I could try to use the bus on the weekends I guess. Well, on Saturday. I have just been doing what I do anyway, which is combine trips, and just not go places when I want to conserve. I could do better. Thanks for the inspiration!