Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kudos to Asheville Transit Drivers

Hail to the Bus Driver
The passengers applauded as the aeroplane touched down,
But no-one claps the driver of the bus to Blanchardstown.
He pulls up to the bus-stop, but there’s no-one there reacts,
He doesn’t get the kudos that the airline man attracts.
So next time that the fifty five pulls into Heuston Station,
Let’s give the poor old driver a magnificent ovation.

by Peter Goulding
http://petesholidaypoems.blogspot.com/2007/08/hail-to-bus-driver.html

I was trying to find a little ditty to celebrate the bus driver and found this one with an Irish flavor.

I realized I hadn't really said anything in praise of the Asheville Transit drivers yet in my blog. But since I've been riding the bus, the drivers have been great. Always professional, competent, calm...

So thanks, Asheville transit drivers! Kudos and a "magnificient ovation" to ya!

3 comments:

Peter Goulding said...

Hi Sherry,
Greetings from Dublin.
Flattered you like the poem. If you want to change it to something more local, its no problem!
Love the blog. How I envy you having a public transportation system that seems so enjoyable! We merely suffer Dublin Bus as a necessary evil!
Regards,
Peter

Ken said...

The great Scottish author James Kelman used to be a bus driver. I think that one of his books features a bus driver as a major character.

I don't recall.

See this page on Kelman.

Ken said...

I remembered the book.

The title is The Busconductor Hines.

Here is your librarything link.